What We Buy
For almost three decades, Spiegel Scrap Metal has been one of the leading scrap metal processing centers in Massachusetts.
Our primary mission is to recycle, much like people do with curbside recycling but on a bigger scale with a different reusable commodity. Metal recycling has a positive impact both economically and environmentally. According to ISRI, scrap metal firms employ 534,506 people in the United States, generating $116.9 billion annually in economic activity. The industry recycled about 130 million metric tons of material in 2016, transforming that into a range of raw materials and new products while also producing significant energy savings and reducing the number of materials sent to landfills.
Sell & Recycle Ferrous material
Ferrous material can be delivered to our facility for immediate payment. Trucking can also be provided to haul ferrous material from your site to our facility. Taunton Scrap Metals’ experienced traders ensure fair payment based on current market conditions. State certified scales guarantee our customers an honest weight. We keep our yard clean and organized, providing a safe area to park your vehicle and unload.
FERROUS MATERIALS ACCEPTED:
- Sheet Iron
- Cast Iron
- Appliances (CFC’s must be reclaimed)
- Motor Blocks
- Drums and Rotors
- Structural Steel
- Public Property (City Lighting, Manhole Covers, Street Signs, etc.)
- Appliances containing CFC’s/Refrigerant
- Material containing asbestos
Non Ferrous scrap can be delivered to our facility for immediate payment. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will educate customers on identifying, sorting and cleaning their metals to maximize value. Competitive pricing and certified scales guarantee our customers a fair price for their load. Carts, cages, bins, and boxes are provided, allowing you to unload your material with ease.
NON FERROUS MATERIALS ACCEPTED
- Aluminum (cans, pots and pans, wheels, window frames, siding, gutters and downspouts, etc.)
- Copper (tubing, bus bar, sheet copper, bare wire)
- Brass (valves, tubes, ornamental, etc.)
- Stainless Steel
- Insulated Copper Wire
- Nickel Alloy
- Tool Steel
- Automotive Batteries
- Steel Cased Batteries
- Alternators and Starters
- Catalytic Converters
- Electric Motors
- Burnt Copper Wire
- Copper Wire belonging to a utility/communications company
- Shell Casings
- Water and Electric Meters without written permission
Integrated Scrap Metal Solutions
In an effort to create a professional business relationship, our company can accommodate your scrap metal removal needs:
- Highest competitive pay: your scrap metal brings top dollar.
- Containers: Looking for ways to store your scrap metal? We can provide containers that fit your scrap metal storage needs.
- Pick-ups: Create a scheduled pick-up for scrap removal. This prevents last minute pick-up requests that could result in over-flowing containers.
- Large Scrap Collection: No scrap is too big or small for collection; our company is capable of handling a scrap of any size.
- Material Analysis: In an effort to provide the best offer for your scrap material, we will perform an alloy analysis on all of your scrap material. This provides the reassurance that you are receiving the best price for your materials, and you know exactly what your materials are made from.
- Mill Preparation: Our company handles all of the metal sortings before it goes to the mill, which is one less thing that you need to worry about.
All types of scrap metal including but not limited to:
- Aluminum alloys
- Aluminum wire
- Auto batteries
- Auto bodies
- Auto engines
- Cast iron
- Catalytic converters
- Copper wire insulated and stripped
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Light iron & tin
- Nickel & nickel alloys
- Plate steel, radiators
- Red & yellow brass
- Stainless steel
- Unprepared & prepared structural steel
Bare Bright Copper
Leaded light copper
All grades insulated copper wire including but not limited to:
6-Aluminum BX wire
7-Steel BX Wire
Steel cased batteries
Old sheet aluminum
Painted MLC aluminum
Aluminum rims (chrome)
Ferrous - Heavy Steel
Obsolete equipment (Excavators, forklifts, ect. any size)
Services: Roll-off container service all over Massachusetts